Mission & History
Following the founding of the first Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia in 1974, the first House in New Jersey open in 1983 in a small Victorian row house behind Cooper Hospital. After the Eagles Football team partnered with McDonald’s to help create the first House, other NFL teams in large cities across the USA partnered with their local children’s hospitals and the concept quickly spread across the country. Now the charity is global.
Lifting children and their parents to a brighter tomorrow.
Providing Hope, Help and Home for families of seriously ill children
- Family—We treat our families and our team members with respect, kindness and compassion. We serve our families with acceptance and inclusion. Our guests are the heart of everything we do.
- Integrity—We do what we say. We are honest and transparent in our communications. We hold one another accountable for building an environment reflective of our mission.
- Teamwork—We are one team serving our families and our community. We are “all hands on deck” and ready to roll up our sleeves to help our families and one another.
- Focus on the critical needs of families and their children
- Lead with compassion
- Celebrate the diversity of our guests and our programs
- Value our heritage and creditability
- Operate with accountability and transparency
Since 1983, Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey, is a home-away-from-home for families who have seriously ill or injured children being treated at local hospitals. We give our families a warm and welcoming environment within which they can stay for a days, weeks, or months, as long as their children are receiving needed medical treatment. Our House provides the essential comforts of a home: comfortable beds, hot showers, home-cooked meals, laundry facilities and much more.
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
CUSTOM MENU: Images and columns into header main menu submenu items
* This message is only visible in administrative mode